Why Arizona Gives Day Is Important To Oakwood:
Now more than ever, your support means the world to Oakwood Creative Care because by investing in us, we can continue to invest in our community’s seniors and caregivers in need. Alzheimer’s is the costliest of all diseases and sees a new diagnosis rapidly occur every 67 seconds. Arizona alone is poised to have the fastest-growing rate of Alzheimer’s and related dementias in the country by 2025.
Yet, unfortunately, only 2% of American philanthropic dollars are directed to elderly care, and there is a significant deficit in private, state, government, and insurance funding. The low reimbursement rates from these funders leave a substantial gap in coverage of care to be filled by donations for Oakwood Creative Care to continue providing meaningful care and hope beyond a diagnosis. You can help us better serve families impacted by the lack of senior financial support with your Arizona Gives Day donation, wherein every dollar raised will go directly towards:
- 2,700 hours of member scholarships
- 24 support group sessions for families
- 1,584 one-on-one counseling, support, & education with our dementia experts
- 12 community training & education workshops
Early giving has officially opened, and Arizona Gives Day donations can continue to be made through April 6th. Join Oakwood Creative Care in making a monumental impact by bridging the gaps for seniors living with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other age-related challenges.
Did you know?
Donations made before April 15th, 2022, may be eligible for the Arizona tax credit if you pay state taxes. As a Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO)*, any qualifying donations made to Oakwood Creative Care could be applied as a dollar-for-dollar state income tax reduction on your 2021 tax filing. This means your donation will come right back to you at tax time – a win-win for everyone! What You Need to Know:
- Singles can give Oakwood Creative Care up to $400, and married couples can give $800.
- You don’t need to itemize your taxes to take advantage of this opportunity.
- You can simultaneously claim Public and Private Education Tax Credit.
- You have until April 15 to make a donation that qualifies for the tax credit.
*Tax circumstances may vary. Please consult with your tax advisor for specific questions about your tax situation.