- Uses adult language and terminology enabling participants to feel respected
- Provides opportunities for participants to make their own choices
- Offers inspiration for recall, reflection & validation
- A new excitement associated with learning & experiencing familiar and new things
- Engagement & interaction with other adults
- Meaningful opportunities to tap into the unknown
- Use different parts of the brain
- Generate new ideas & expand our world
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Engagement and interaction with other adults
- Promote critical and creative thinking
We’ve partnered with ALLE Learning™ to create a new & innovative memory care engagement program
This program is redefining the industry standard of activities that are boring or child-like to a standard that is engaging and encouraging. We are finished sorting socks, sitting in front of a television, playing bingo, batting balloons, and coloring!
For the past twenty years, scientists and researchers have struggled to find a cure for dementia. During that time, we have learned a lot about our brains, including what works and what doesn’t.
Research has proven that the old “brain games” don’t move the needle. People continue to slide along the continuum, become less engaged with the world around them, and lose their ability to communicate their feelings or even their daily needs.
While we can’t eliminate many of these outcomes, we can change what people with dementia experience daily. Using the proven theory that most people enjoy the interaction with others, we have blended creative and expressive sessions with lifelong learning and developed a program that enables everyone to feel loved, valued, and connected.
For more information, visit the EngAGE EnCOURAGE website, here.