For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup of sugar (for sugar-free cookies, consider 1 cup of stevia or monk fruit extract)
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
Be sure to keep your loved one as independent as possible during the process. Take your time and give physical and verbal cues as needed. Use this time as a time to reconnect and slow down to have a special experience together. Take time to smell ingredients and really be present.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
To make Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, let your loved one mix together the peanut butter, egg, and granulated sugar to a smooth consistency. Make sure to take time to pause if your loved one begins to feel tired or physically strained.
- Together, use your hands to scoop up portions of the mixture and roll into about 18 one-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. They don’t have to look perfect and this part might get a little messy.
- After the balls have been formed and placed on the baking sheet, guide your loved one through flattening each ball with the back of a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Remember, even if the cookies don’t look exactly like the photos, they will still taste amazing!
- Bake for 12 minutes in the oven, then afterwards, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
* TIP: If you and your loved one prefer soft cookies versus hard and crunchy, store them in a tightly sealed container with the end piece of a loaf of bread.